RSA Research – the RSA recommends that Post Office branches build on their trusted brand and provide a range of new activities, including:
- Business support to the growing number of home-based businesses and SME’s.
- Selling local firms’ products and supporting fledgling entrepreneurs
- Providing access to the internet and digital training courses
- Advice on affordable finance or changes to welfare, including the introduction of Universal Credit and personal budgets in social care
- Providing employment and training opportunities to local people
- Co-hosting public services such as local health centres, running prescription collections services and passing on messages to GPs